TODAY IN HISTORY FOR JULY 27, 2012
- 1953 - An Armistice was signed between Korea and Generals of the United Nations as a truce to end 37 months of fighting.
- 1974 - America’s House of Representatives charged former President Richard M. Nixon with the first of three articles of impeachment for obstruction of justice.
- 2002 - A fighter jet crashes into a crowd of spectators during an air show in Ukraine killing 85 people and injuring hundreds more.
- 2007 - After a ninety day period, the unclaimed money that was seized from an alleged Mexican-Chinese drug trafficker, Zhenli Ye Gon’s home became the state’s property.
- 2007 - A nuclear pact between the United States and India was officially confirmed as the first of such agreements in thirty years due to sanctioning from the United States.
- 2008 - The Olympic Village in Beijing opened twelve days before the start of the 2008 Summer Olympics. The Olympic Village housed 16,000 athletes during the games.
Compile by Chinedu Iheaka